a blog about creating (meaning)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Potato Meditation



It's not unusual to see distinct shapes in potatoes, but these hearts brought me up short for  a minute, and made my own heart catch in a moment of simple gratitude. 

Then I wondered if I was just getting a bit batty after so many days stuck in the house, as in, "wow--look! see the cool hearts in this potato I just sliced--awesome, take a picture!" but grateful in any case. Not for being stuck in the house--this is week nine in a cast and on crutches, making this camper very unhappy and more-than-a-little stir-crazy--but for being warm, for having shelter and food when so many don't, and mostly for the good hearts of my family and friends. There are many, many good hearts in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment