a blog about creating (meaning)

Monday, November 22, 2010

Found Objects

It all started with finding several plastic tiebacks for roman shades.  In the middle of making a new cloth doll, I immediately "saw" breasts and arms in these little contraptions.
As often happens, one thing led to another...
And one felt "doll front" soon morphed into three.


As I cut the shapes and attached buttons and beads for breasts, it occurred to me that maybe these won't be small dolls after all, but rather, perhaps, parts of an art quilt.

 
 Out came the stash. This is my favorite so far.  This may grow into my SAQA donation to benefit the New England Quilt Museum during the New England SAQA show in January, 2011, "No Holes Barred" (see link under to New England Quilt Museum under the category "Giving Back"). Or not--it's too early in the process to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment