a blog about creating (meaning)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

China Bound

I'm moving to Beijing for two or three years in January (2011). At first there will be a back-and-forth transition time to meet family needs and professional commitments, then it will be full time. 

This is a park near the apartment. 

I'm interested in Chinese culture in terms of time, ancient to contemporary, and locale, rural to urban. I plan to immerse myself in popular culture and fiber arts/crafts. At this point, I know very little about contemporary Chinese fiber/textile arts.  Some of the world's best quilters come from Japan and South Korea, both countries are just a couple hours away by plane.

Another park near the Beijing apartment.

First, I have to get my head around such a major shift in location and lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment